I love to shop; I am always out and about trying to find things for my friends and family. I think that’s why everyone comes to me when they need to find the perfect present for someone else. I love to help out so it’s a lot of fun, and being in retail is an obvious advantage. I use the skills I put into my work and use them in my own personal life and I find the results to be fantastic.
Five Tips to Simple Gift Shopping
If you would like to know my secrets to buying the ideal gifts here are my top five tips that I give to my friends. Use these and you should be able to discover that one gift which your friends or family members will love.
- Think about the memories and the history between you and the recipient. Are there any special times that really stand out or something you both like to talk about more than any other? If so this could be the basis behind the perfect gift. Perhaps if you have a great photo of the pair of you, or have the skills to draw a picture you could place it in a picture frame and present for their birthday or any other occasion.
- Wedding anniversaries can be difficult if you are buying for your parents, after all you may think they already have everything. Your mum and dad put a lot into making the house comfortable and putting food on the table so why not spoil them with some luxuries that are often left off the shopping list. Offer to baby sit your younger brothers and sisters, buy them a bottle of something special such as champagne or wine and two wine glasses with their names engraved on them It’s an affordable present which they will love.
- Think about their hobbies and habits and see if you are able to find the perfect gift to suit them. You may find your best friend loves her jewellery so why not treat her to a special trinket box to keep them all in. Or perhaps your best buddy loves a pint of beer after work in front of the TV, in which case you could buy him his own special pint glass or even a bottle of spirits which has been personalised just for him.
- Say it with diamonds. Okay diamonds can be out of most people’s budgets but diamante can look just as pretty, feel as special and be a lot more affordable. It’s possible to buy lots of items with diamantes such as lighters, phone cases and even shoes!
- Food and sweets. Who doesn’t like to indulge on their special day? Sweets are loved in our youth but as we get older we tend to stick to a chocolate bar and let the children enjoy the sweet treats. I have purchased a sweet hamper for several friends now and they seem to adore them. Everyone gets to tuck in, and if you can find retro sweets then all the better. You are giving a gift of memories as well as some yummy things to eat. These gifts are also brilliant if the person has children as the kids get to enjoy the present too.
So there you have five tips which should help you. Think of the occasion you are marking, your friendship or relationship and how to make an ordinary gift into something that little bit special. That way you will see a smile of genuine happiness and have that warm feeling you get from making someone else feel great.
When looking for anniversary gifts remember to use the Internet. You can find incredible deals and brilliant ideas which can’t be found anywhere else.